We would like to keep you up to date with how we are responding to the uncertainty and concern surrounding COVID-19 and the steps we are taking in our Bakery, Shops and on our Snack Vans to keep people safe and healthy.
Dorringtons main priority is the safety of our customers, employees, suppliers and their families. At Dorringtons all of our employees are trained in food hygiene and handwashing and follow strict hygiene and food safety procedures. We have implemented a heightened cleaning and sanitising schedule across our company and are closely following government guidelines and recommendations around COVID-19.
We are grateful to confirm we have experienced no cases of COVID-19 amongst our employees, however, should any of our employees display symptoms of COVID-19 they are aware they are to self-isolate at home.
As we move further forward with this situation, we will do our very best to keep our Bakery, Shops and Snack Vans running. We may have to adapt to this by providing a reduced range of products and some areas of the company may be operating with minimal staffing. Please may we ask for your understanding and patience as we all try to work through this uncertain and difficult time.
Please may we also ask that all customers where possible use card payments for their products to limit contact and handling of money between our employees and customers.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation daily and take all precautions to protect our customers, employees, suppliers and their families.
Since the above statement and following the new government guidelines set out on 23rd March 2020 we have implemented the following changes -
- Our Snack Vans have ceased trading.
- Our shops remain open, however, from 1st April every shop will be closing at the earlier time of 3.30pm. This is to ensure our staff have enough time to thoroughly clean their shops.
- In each of our shops we have laid down a line on the floor positioned 1 metre away from the counters (2 metres away from our staff). We ask all customers to remain behind this line until they need to pay and collect their orders. We also ask that any one queueing in our shops ensure they are 2 metres apart from all others - if room in the shop is limited then please queue outside.
- We ask that all payments are made using contactless card payments.
- We have reduced some of our lines and continue to monitor the rest of our product lines. This is to make sure we are providing our customers with all essential products and are working to capacity, producing as many as we possibly can of these items.
- We have introduced an online ordering system for our Essential products. These can be ordered and paid for on our website and collected from any of our 15 shops. This is to make sure that customers can be certain their bread will be waiting for them and ensures they do not leave their homes for a wasted journey. We are happy for customers to send someone else to collect on their behalf, please just make sure the person collecting has your order number.